The UIDAI recently issued a new Aadhaar card in blue color named “Baal Aadhaar” for kids below 5 years of age. To enroll your child for “Baal Aadhaar”, you need to submit the birth certificate of your child and Aadhaar card of you or your spouse, according to a tweet by UIDAI on its official Twitter handle – @UIDAI.
The blue colored “Baal Aadhaar” card data issued for your child doesn’t cover biometrics data (including iris and fingerprint scans), according to the Unique Identification Authority of India in a series of tweets.
In future, there are two compulsory biometric updates to be done on your child’s Aadhaar card. First update must be done once your child reaches five years of age, and another when they turn 15 years old, UIDAI further tweeted. It also added that you need to submit the school ID of your child to enroll your child to Aadhaar system. The school ID of your child will be served as ID proof to perform Aadhaar enrollment, according to UIDAI.
Follow these steps to get blue colored “Baal Aadhaar” for your child, as mentioned in official website of UIDAI –
- First of all, visit the Aadhaar enrolment center near you with birth certificate of your child and fill the form.
- For authentication purpose, Aadhaar card of one of the parents will be required. It will be linked to the child’s Aadhaar card.
- Now, you have to submit a mobile number to register with your child’s Baal Aadhaar card.
- Your child’s photograph will also be clicked. No biometrics will be done in this process as your child is below 5 years.
- You will get acknowledgement slip after confirmation.
Once the process of verification is finished, you will get an SMS to the mobile number registered with it. You will get the blue colored “Baal Aadhaar” for your child within 60 days of getting this message.