How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card Online & Offline : Aadhaar card is definitely one of the mandatory documents one should have. It should be linked to all your documents. While doing any transaction, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the user and it is very important to keep all the phone numbers updated with Aadhaar. You can update all the details in Aadhaar online. You can simply visit UIDAI website and update your Aadhaar details online.
You can also update your phone number on Aadhaar online and also correct the wrong phone number registered with Aadhaar card.
Note – Now you no longer be able to change Mobile Number online as this facility is disabled. So, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar center or you can also update it through post.
Updating Mobile Number through Post
If you have no longer access to your previous mobile number, you can easily change it on Aadhaar by sending request to UIDAI through post. Here’s how to do it –
- Download the correction form that you can get from UIDAI website. Print the form to proceed.
- Fill all the details on the form in capital letters.
- Simply take a blank paper and write the application regarding mobile number change with all the details. Since there is no other option to update your mobile number, it is a mandatory step.
- Attach the documents in PoI and PoA. Also mention your Aadhaar number on all the pages and forms.
- Post the form to one of these addresses. It is better to post it through speed post –
- UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
- UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India.
- Once the post has been delivered to UIDAI, your request will be met. It takes around 10 to 15 days to correct the number on Aadhaar.
Changing Phone Number at the Nearest Aadhaar Centre
- First of all, click this link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx to find the Aadhaar center near you.
- Get the correction form in the center and fill the details on the correction form. Verify the details and submit the form.
- You will get an acknowledgement slip to secure for reference. It will take hardly 7 days to update your mobile number.
Update Aadhaar Card details through Online – Mobile number, Name, Gendar, Date of Birth, Address & Language
- Open the link: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/login.html
- Enter your aaddhaar number and then captcha given
- Click on “send otp” button
- Enter the otp sent your registered mobile number and then click on log in
- Click on “Update demographic data” and select which you wish to change/amend in aadhaar
- Mobile number
- Date of Birth
- Email Id
Note: Some of these maximum you can change once in life time, so be careful before you make change in aadhaar.
- Change your details and upload the required documents accordingly and then click on next
- If you select multiple then you may amend your details and upload documents accordinlying
- Enter the captcha and click on send otp
Enter the OTP (which was sent to your registered mobile number) and then click on “make payment”
- Now you can make the payment (Rs. 50 tentatively) through credit/debit card or netbanking
- Once you complete with the payment you will be given URN or SRN
Check the updated details in Addaar card : 4 days later you can check the updated data in aadhar through https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus
Aadhaar Card helpline Number
Toll free :1947
Email Id: email@example.com
UIDAI Head Office
Unique Identification Authority of IndiaGovernment of India (GoI), Bangla Sahib Road, Behind Kali Mandir, Gole Market, New Delhi – 110001