BHIM App: What Is It And How It Works
BHIM app is the most popular UPI app from NPCI (National Payment Corporation Of India). Because of its simplicity and popularity, it has reached 1.1 crore downloads within ten days of its launch. If you are searching for a best UPI app to transfer money, then your search ends here.
I bet you can’t find another app like BHIM and we believe it will become the ultimate choice for any kind of fund transfer in the future.
The design of this app and its simplicity pave a way to its success. Also, it is highly easy to use. You don’t need to be a techie to use this app; even a common man can easily use this app to transfer the money.
Right now, using BHIM app for transferring money is turned out to be the easiest and the fastest way of money transfer.
Let’s have a look at the features of this amazing UPI application from NPCI.
Basic Features of BHIM App
BHIM has become the easiest mode of fund transfer these days. The following are the basic features of BHIM app:
1) You can easily transfer money from one account to another regardless of the associated bank.
2) Unlike other online payment apps, you don’t have to register payee and wait for 24 hours to transfer money. Instead, you can instantly transfer funds to any bank accounts on the go.
3) There are no limitations and restrictions for transferring funds (like holidays and working hours). You can transfer funds anytime and from anywhere.
4) It replaces the use of bank account number with a mobile number. And hence you don’t require your payee’s bank account details.
5) To use BHIM app, you don’t need to activate the Internet Banking feature.
Special Features of BHIM
Apart from the above mentioned regular features, the BHIM app has some unique features as well. They are:
1) Using BHIM, you can easily transfer money from one bank account to another with his/her registered mobile number. This process makes fund transfer an easier task.
2) Not only to a mobile number, but you can also transfer money to a VPA or a bank account with BHIM app.
3) Other UPI apps like Aadhaar Payment App, etc., might require UPI PIN for authentication, whereas using BHIM you can transfer the money using your fingerprint authentication.
4) You don’t need to have a reliable internet connection to work with this app.
5) Scan And Pay is a special feature of this app, and it will let you transfer the funds as fast as possible
6) Using this app, you can even check your bank account balance regardless of the parent bank account.
7) If there is an issue in the transaction, the BHIM app lets you call the respective banks directly through a link. In fact, it has saved all the bank’s customer care number.
8) To get money from others or to get back your loan amount from friends and family, you can easily share your BHIM QR code.
New Features of BHIM
Some cool and new features have been included in the second update of this app are are:
1) The first and the best feature that has been included in the new update is that now the app is available in 9 different languages. You can choose one as per your wish.
2) Another new feature of this app is that you can also use your linked Aadhar number to transfer funds through this BHIM app.
3) Unlike other UPI apps, you can block a person who sends a spam ‘Collect Request‘.
How To Download And Install BHIM App On Your Android Device
Step 1: To download the BHIM app on your android smartphone or tablet, go to Android Play Store and type BHIM app in the search box and hit “Enter“.
Alternatively, you can also use the URL given below to download the app from Google app store directly.
Step 2: Once you click on the above URL, you will be presented with a huge list of similar apps. Search for the app from NPCI and tap on it to go to the details page.
Step 3: In the details page, click on “Install” to download and install the app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Step 4: Once you click on the “Install” button, you will be prompted to accept the terms. Click on “Accept“, and in a fraction of seconds, the app will get downloaded and automatically installed on your android device.
That’s it. The app is now installed on your android smartphone. To be able to use the app, follow the steps given below.
List of Banks live in BHIM app
As of now (Oct, 2020), there are 146 banks live in BHIM app, you may also check the list of banks that are associated with BHIM app.
|Sr. No.||Bank Name|
|1||A.P Mahesh Co-operative Urban Bank Ltd.|
|2||Abhyudaya Co-op Bank Ltd|
|3||Adarsh Cooperative Bank Ltd|
|4||Airtel Payments Bank|
|7||Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank|
|8||Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank|
|9||Apna Sahakari Bank|
|10||Assam Gramin VIkash Bank|
|11||AU Small Finance Bank|
|14||Bank Of Baroda|
|15||Bank Of India|
|16||Bank of Maharashtra|
|17||Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank|
|18||Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank|
|19||Baroda Uttar Pradesh Gramin Bank|
|20||Bassein Catholic Coop Bank|
|21||Bharat Co-op Bank(mumbai)|
|22||Bhilwara Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd|
|24||Catholic Syrian Bank|
|25||Central Bank of india|
|26||Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank|
|27||Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank|
|29||City Union Bank|
|30||Coastal Local Area Bank Ltd|
|32||DBS Digi Bank|
|35||Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank|
|37||Dombivali Nagrik Sahakari Bank|
|38||Equitas Small Finance Bank|
|39||ESAF Small Finance Bank|
|41||Fincare Small Finance Bank|
|42||FINO Payments Bank|
|43||G P Parsik Bank|
|45||Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank|
|47||Hutatma Co Op Bank Ltd|
|52||Indian Overseas Bank|
|54||Jalgaon Janata Sahkari Bank|
|55||Jammu & Kashmir Bank|
|56||Jammu & Kashmir Grameen Bank|
|57||Jana Small Finance Bank|
|58||Janta Sahakari Bank Pune|
|59||Kallappanna Awade Ichalkaranji Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.|
|60||Kalupur Commercial Bank|
|62||Karnataka vikas Gramin Bank|
|63||Karur Vysaya Bank|
|64||Kerala Gramin Bank|
|65||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|66||Krishna Bhima Samruddhi Local Area Bank|
|67||Maharashtra Grameen Bank|
|68||Maharashtra State Co-op Bank|
|69||Manipur Rural Bank|
|70||Maratha Co-op Bank|
|71||Meghalaya Rural Bank|
|72||Mizoram Rural Bank|
|73||Nagrik Sahakari Bank Maryadhit Vidisha|
|75||NKGSB CO-Op. Bank Ltd.|
|76||Nutan Nagrik Sahakari Bank|
|77||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|78||Paschim Banga Gramin Bank|
|79||Patan Nagrik Sahakari Bank|
|80||Paytm Payments Bank|
|81||Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank|
|83||Punjab and Maharastra Co. bank|
|84||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|85||Punjab Gramin Bank|
|86||Punjab National Bank|
|88||Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank|
|89||Rajkot Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd|
|90||Samruddhi Co-op bank ltd|
|91||Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank|
|92||SARVODAYA COMMERCIAL CO OP BANK|
|93||Saurashtra Gramin Bank|
|94||Shree Kadi Nagrik Sahakari Bank|
|95||Shri Rajkot District Cooperative Bank|
|96||South Indian Bank|
|98||State Bank Of India|
|100||Suco Souharda Sahakari Bank Ltd|
|101||Surat Peoples Cooperative Bank|
|102||Suryoday Small Finance Bank Ltd|
|103||Suvarnayug Sahakari Bank|
|105||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank|
|106||Telangana Gramin Bank|
|107||Telangana State Co-op Apex Bank Ltd|
|108||Thane Bharat Sahakari Bank|
|109||The Cosmos Co-Operative Bank LTD|
|110||The Ahmedabad District Coop bank|
|111||The Ahmedabad Mercantile Coop bank|
|112||The Andhra Pradesh State Cooperative Bank Ltd.|
|113||The Banaskantha District Central Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|114||The Baroda Central Co-op Bank Ltd|
|115||The Gujarat State Co-operative Bank Limited|
|116||The Hasti Co-operative Bank Ltd|
|117||The Kaira District Cooperative Bank|
|118||The Kalyan Janta Sahkari Bank|
|119||The Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited|
|120||The Mahanagar Co-Op. Bank Ltd|
|121||The Malad Sahakari Bank|
|122||The Mehsana Urban Co-Operative Bank|
|123||The Ratnakar Bank Limited|
|124||The Sabarkantha District Cooperative Bank|
|125||The Saraswat Co-Operative Bank|
|126||The Sutex Co Op Bank|
|127||The SVC Co-Operative Bank Ltd|
|128||The Thane Janta Sahakari Bank Ltd(TJSB)|
|129||The Udaipur Mahila Samridhi Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|130||The Udaipur Mahila Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|131||The Urban Cooperative Bank Ltd Dharangaon|
|132||The Varanchha Co Op Bank Ltd|
|133||The Vijay Co-operative Bank Ltd, Ahmedabad|
|134||The Vishakhapatnam Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|135||The Vishweshwar Sahakari Bank Ltd|
|136||Tripura Gramin Bank|
|138||Udaipur Urban Cooperative Bank.|
|139||Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited|
|140||Union Bank of India|
|141||United Bank of India|
|142||Uttarakhand Gramin Bank|
|143||Vananchal Gramin Bank|
|144||Vasai Vikas Co-op Bank Ltd|