192.168.O.1 – 192.168.0.1 Admin Login : 192.168.0.1 (mistyped as 192.168.O.1) is basically a private IP address with IPv4 network. It is the default configuration IP address of router companies D-Link and Netgear. The management console of these routers can be accessed by visiting http://192.168.0.1 on your browser.
Connect to router via 192.168.0.1
You can connect your PC to your router using the IP address 192.168.0.1 as a gateway. This can be done by opening the CMD and typing ipconfig/all or else you can also enter the following command “ping 192.168.0.1 -t”.
The ping command is basically used for detecting if the computer has a network connection or not and also to know the network speed. Now, press enter and you will see the login window there. Enter your default username and password which is usually “admin”. Also Check: 192.168.l.l Admin Login.
If the login window doesn’t appear after entering the command, these may be the reasons behind it:
- 192.168.0.1 is not the IP address of your router, may be it’s 192.168.1.1
- The router is not properly on.
- There are some firewall filterings enabled on the router.
- The LAN wire is not properly connected to your router or computer.
Now, let us take a look at some easy steps to set up your router via 192.168.0.1:
- Connect your PC to your router with LAN wire.
- Open a browser on your PC and enter 192.168.0.1 in the URL. A login page will appear. Enter the default username and password written on the router.
- Restart router and set the SSID name. This will be the name of your router that will be shown to other devices.
- Set up a password in Network Security Settings. Now, click Next. Reboot the router one more time to save the settings.
- Now, you can search for your wireless network’s SSID name with your phone or laptop. Enter the password and it will be connected to your router’s internet connection.