Jiofi.local.html/index.htm Admin Login 192.168.l.l or 192.168.1.1 Jio Login to Change JioFi Mifi Wifi Password Change, SSID Change, Username modification Jiofi Battery Percentage level Status, Jiofi Router Reset, Enable Jiofi Mac Filtering, Jiofi Firmware upgrade, Jiofi Internet Speed Increase etc…..
Jiofi Mifi is a latest 4g wifi hotspot device launched by Reliance Jio, the device helps in getting connected to the wifi of Reliance Jio and providing a 4G speed to multiple users. Jiofi helps the internet connection at high speed of 4G to the users who don’t have an built in 4G technology in their phones. The device has been built by reliance digital and Reliance LYF in collaboration.
The primary purpose of Jiofi is to enable the 2G/3G device into 4G network device. Reliance Jiofi is a very compact device that can easily be carried along in the pocket. The device creates a local wifi network and helps the neighboring devices like a mobile, laptop, a tablet or a PC to connect to the speed of Reliance Jio. It is one if the simplest ways of making multiple devices and your surrounding web connected. The device also comes with a rechargeable battery, thus you use it as a stand by device or charge it and carry along.
The Jiofi gives a great functionality to your mobile phones which can be used to make voice calls using Jio 4G Voice App in your Smartphone even if they don’t have an inbuilt 4G network. You can place calls or send messages using the Jio app. Jiofi comes with the Jio sim to connect to the network or alternatively you can use the sim of other network providers and pay for the network charges.
How to configure Jiofi Mifi dongle using to login jiofi.local.html website?
Do you know the login address of the JioFi router? 192.168.1.1 Login IP Address of the JioFi dongle. Alternatively, it is also accessed with JioFi.local.Html. The new users often get confused and ask one another about the process of logging in to the JioFi router. The process of logging is extremely simple, but amateurs may find it difficult due to their ignorance or little knowledge. So here, I am delineating the steps to log in to the JioFi router.
- Process involves inserting the Jio SIM, you have bought along with reliance jiofi device. The Sim needs to be inserted in the hotspot tray of the device.
- Next step involves keeping a note of the SSID and Password written alongside the hotspot tray. This Jiofi SSID and Jiofi Password is Required for the registration of the device. (Note: The SSID and Password is “administrator” & ” administrator”. It is common for all Jiofi Router).
- Battery that you have got along with a device needs to be inserted at the back side. Insert the battery and close the back cover. For operating the device you need to charge the battery to certain extent.
- Now, Press the power button present at the top of the Jiofi device. Let all the lights come up and become stable.
- If the reliance Jio sim, that has been provided along is activated following the steps mentioned earlier then the following steps are quite easy else you need to first activate the Jio sim first.
- Once the sim is activated, then you just need to connect to the wifi device using SSID code and password that you noted earlier. You should change the SSID and the password by going to the router’s admin panel.
- Find below the screenshot of the space where the user needs to enter the SSID name and password:
- After entering the username and password the user needs to click on login.
How to change the Jiofi Username and Jiofi Login Password Change by Login jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1
The password for every JioFi hotspot device is not the same. For every hotspot device, you cannot use the password etched on the backside of the battery. Instead of getting confused all the time, it is better to change the personal SSID and the associated password. The easiest way to do so is:
- Alternatively you can also change the Jiofi SSID and Jiofi Change Password after you are connected to the Jio network; Go to the website http://jiofi.local.html admin login or http://192.168.1.1 using any browser.
- Sign in to the website using the username and password ‘administrator / administrator’, change these user IDs and passwords as well. Also change the SSID and password for proper security.
After you have followed all the above steps, your Reliance jiofi is configured and you are ready to use it anywhere on any multiple devices without any hassles.
Also find below the detailed steps for Changing Jiofi User ID and Jiofi Wifi Password:
- Go to the reliance Jio website Login Jiodongle.local.html or http://192.168.225.1 or http://jiofi.local.html/index.htm
- Login to the page using default user name and password.
- Here you enter the control panel, here you can perform various important tasks without entering the admin panel
- After you have successfully logged in to the network by entering the username and password. The default username and password for this is administrator. This will help you enter the admin panel. User can modify the settings under the ‘Jiofi Web Configuration Panel’
- One can change the settings using the left side panel.
- Here you can change the SSID name and password as per your choice.
- After this simply click on save button and apply the changes.
- Following is the screen shot for the same:
- Now the device is automatically restarted. Login with the new user ID and password.
- Thus your username and password is successfully configured.
Caution: Remember, the router / dongle restarts after that, so one needs to wait until the device restarts again. After restarting, you can use the jiofi new wifi password.
How to check the Jiofi Router Battery Percentage Status by logon into jiofi.local.html/index.htm
Visually we cannot see the Jiofi Battery Percentage Level as such by visually looking at the router. The manufacturers of the JioFi device always advice that it is better to charge the battery of the device before you start to use it. It is because the device works best when it is fully charged and the device can work for the desired duration if you charge it fully. Moreover, the device can work or longer duration if you always take care of its proper charging.
So if you are charging the battery, you must be wanting to ensure and check from time to time that how much battery is charged. For this, you will need to login to the JioFi website by following the link http://jiofi.local.html/index.htm. Let us discuss the process in steps.
- The first thing that you need to do is switch on the JioFi device by long pressing the power button present on the device. Do not log in to the site without starting the device.
- Now connect any of your devices, be it computer, notepad or smartphone, with the internet connection provided by the JioFi router. Remember, link the router to that device with which you will access the Login page.
- Now on the login page with the link http://jiofi.local.html/index.htm login with your username and password. If you are logging in for the first time, the username and password would be ‘administrator’. This is the default jiofi login and jiofi router password set by the company for each and every JioFi device.
- Now, on the login page, search for the ‘Device Details’. And when you will scroll down you will find the option of the ‘Battery level’. You will be able to see the battery level in front of it. The level of the JioFi battery is indicated in the percentage. I think, in the drop-down list, you will find the battery level in the last five indicators, just above the jiofi battery status level.
Once you check the level of the battery, you may know how much more you need to charge your device. You can check the jiofi battery level whenever you want. The process defined above is quite simple. It is advisable that together with the battery level you must check the battery status also. It may be that the device is not charging due to some fault. You will get the battery charging status there. If the device is charging properly, the device status will be shown as ‘charging’ or else ‘not charging’.
There is another way to check the Jiofi Battery Status or Jiofi Battery Level. Below are the key steps for the same:
- Open the Jio website http://jiofi.local.html Login.
- Login to this page using administrator as the login ID and password
- Go to Jiofi setting and click on the Wifi menu
- Check that the wifi setting is set to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and wireless encryption set as AES which is a security algorithm for the websites.
- One can check the battery percentage here under battery capacity space.
How to change Jiofi Broadcasting User ID / SSID and Change Jiofi Router Password in jiofi.local.html or 192.168.l.l
Do you know that if a lot of people know your password, it may result in low internet speed? Actually, JioFi device comes with default username and password – ‘administrator’. Some people, out of their ignorance, do not change the username and password of the device, and some other people take undue advantage of this and access their network without their knowledge. So it is always important to change the JioFi Broadcasting SSID and password.
Don’t you know how to do this? Let me help you with that. The steps to follow are quite simple. Let us discuss them.
- Connect any device of your choice to the JioFi internet connection.
- Now simply visit the official login link of the JioFi site i.e. http://jiofi.local.html. This is the link for the JioFi router, if you are using the JioFi dongle, simply use the link address as http://jiodongle.local.html.
- I think, if you have used the device for some time, you must be aware of how to login to the site. In the top right corner of the page, click on the ‘Login’ option.
- Now enter ‘administrator’ as the username and password.
- In the ‘Settings’ page on the logged on the page, search for the ‘Wifi settings’. This is the option that helps to reset the username and password. Remember, keep the password a little complicated so that others cannot make a misuse of your connection. Always memorize the password well.
After changing the username and the password, do not forget to click on the ‘Save’ button to save the new settings. Sometimes it happens that people change the username and password, but do not press the save button. They remain in a false impression that their login details have changed when it is not being changed for not clicking on the save button. So click on the ‘Save’ button in the end.
Caution: Remember that when anybody want to Change Jiofi Login password, all the devices which were connected to the router / dongle before changing the jiofi password will disconnect automatically due to new password reset. So you will need to reconnect all the devices with the help of the new password. This is a one-time process. After that choose for the auto-connect option and all the devices will connect to the network automatically whenever it is available.
Enabling Process on Jiofi Mac Filtering (Jiofi Mac Address Filter) by visit jiofi.local.html/index.htm?
Do you have a Mac device? Do you want to login to jiofi.local.html on your Mac device? If it is so, the process is very simple. Simply follow the steps defined below to Enable Jiofi Mac filtering or Jiofi MAC Address Filter for logging jiofi.local.html/index.htm
- Go on to the top right side of the logged in page i.e jiofi.local.html URL. There you will find the ‘Settings’ option. Click on that.
- In the left menu that appears after clicking the setting, select the network.
- Now select the ‘Allow’ option in front of the MAC Address Filter mode to enable the MAC address filter.
- After ‘Allow’ click the ’Add’ button. This process will add the MAC address to use the Jiofi Dongle.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Now you are all done. Your MAC address in JioFi router is now enabled. Isn’t the process simple? Remember to click on the ‘Apply’ button.
How to Access Jiofi Storage Slot (Jiofi Router Memory Card Slot) in Jiofi.local.html/index.html
As you know, JioFi comes with an access storage slot. But some people do not know the way to access the memory card slot of the JioFi device. Well, the access method is very simple. It is just the ignorance which makes the process difficult for you. If you want to expand the memory of the device you can use this empty memory card slot. Accessing the Jiofi memory slot on the Jiofi device is very simple and can be easily done by following simple steps.
In your JIO Dongle device insert the SD card carefully.
- Now enable the Jiofi storage account on the JioFi portal. For this, you need to log in and set login details. Choose the username and password of your choice without any security issues.
- Once you have enabled the storage account, the content in the memory card can be accessed by all the users who are connected with the JioFi device. This is the main thing to remember. The content kept in the memory card slot of the device can be accessed by any of the devices and not just only one.
- For accessing the files you have to follow a definite process.
- Go and type jiofi.local.html in the address bar of your web browser.
- Once the page opens, you need to press the WiFi disk tab.
- Now here, you have to enter the SD card login details that you have generated in the previous step.
You are now done. You can access the Jiofi storage memory now. Upload the files or simply copy the files to access it through other devices.
How to Make Video calls or Voice calls using Jiofi Router
The biggest benefit of the Jiofi is the feature of providing a video calling, voice calling or a messaging using the Jiofi even on a non-4G device. The user can use the voice calling feature on his mobile by simply downloading jio4gvoice app. By downloading the app, it does not matter if your phone has the 4g volte or not, you would be able to call through your phone.
After making sure that you have the app downloaded on your phone, connect your phone with Jiofi network. After entering the Jiofi network you are ready to make voice/video calls using Jiofi. In the usual plans, the user can make any call across the country. For making any international call the user needs to take special plans which starts from 1100/, thus the user can select the plan as per his usage and requirement.
Find below the step by step process for making the call:
- Jio4gvoice app has made very easy for the user to make a HD video call or voice call through his mobile. One can easily install the app through the google play store.
- After downloading the app, the user needs to open the app and give all the required permissions.
- On the home screen window of the app, a screen will pop up saying ‘configure Jio Join using Jio sim number in the Jiofi.
- The app will auto connect itself to the network and the sim in some time. The user just needs to provide the OTP as when the user is prompted.
- In order to make a call, the user simply needs to connect to the Jio network on his android or any other phone.
- After all this the configuration is complete, the user can make the call through his mobile anytime and to anyone at is ease.
How to Reset Jiofi Router or Jiofi Router Reset Procedure
The most important facility that a Jiofi provides is the ability to connect to various devices like the mobile, laptop, PC etc. Many times it happens that the user plays around with the Jiofi settings and tries to set it as per his needs and requirements. Sometimes it happens that Jiofi loses its original settings thus, the connectivity is lost.
It sometimes happens that we forget the username and password of the device and are unable to log in. Well, we should not repeat this mistake again and again, but if you have made the mistake there is a solution to it. And the solution is to reset the JioFi router.
To set the Jiofi settings again, Jiofi has a wonderful feature of setting which is easy to operate as well. Do you know the process of reset? If not, we are here to help. Before starting the reset procedure, please note down the default SSID and password of your device on a piece of paper. You will find the default UN and password at the back of the device. Remove the back cover and then remove the battery as well. Once you do that, you will be able to see your default SSID and password as well. Following are the steps that one can follow simple steps to Reset Jiofi Router:
- If you have removed the battery of the device put it back in place and then turn it ON by simultaneously pressing the WPS and the power button. Press them together for a few seconds.
- When the lights on the JioFi device in your hand starts to flicker or blink, your device is in the resetting mode. Just remove your fingers from the buttons when you see the lights blinking.
- Now the resetting process will continue automatically. Wait until the process is complete. Once the process is complete, the lights will no longer blink. Wait for some time after that and then restart your device using the power button.
- To login to your device now, you need to enter the default SSID and password that you have jotted down from the back side of the device. Remember, the old UN and password will no longer be able to be used anyhow. Use the default one to log in and then you can again change the username and password as per your wish.
How to Increase Jiofi Internet Speed
So, are you thinking of speeding up your JioFi internet speed? The first question that comes in mind is that if it is possible? The answer is, yes it is. Though the speed of the internet depends mostly on the data plan you have chosen, but there are some other reasons also which interferes with the speed such as signal strength in your place, the configuration of the device etc. You can manipulate these things to speed up the internet.
The Jiofi Router Internet Speed provided may fluctuate and might happen over time the Speed gets considerably reduced. This could be due to variety of reasons. Some of the reasons for this include:
- There is a daily data usage limit which depends on the type of the plan. In case the user has exhausted his daily internet usage, the internet speed for the particular connection would be automatically reduced.
- The network tower and the signal strength could be another reason for the slow connection. There are indicators lights available on the router that could provide an idea about the signal strength.
- If the light is green that means the signal strength is good
- And if the light is red that indicated a weak signal strength
- The Jiofi has the ability to connect multiple devices in the range of 10 or sometimes even more but sometimes it happens that as you connect more devices the speed of the internet gets reduced.
There are some useful tips that can help you to increase the JioFi speed (if it is slower than expected). Some of them are:
- Place the JioFi device in an open area where there is little obstruction of the signal or no obstruction at all.
- It is better to keep the JioFi device near the connected device in the vicinity of 10m radius.
- You can only get the best possible speed through the JioFi router when the network indicator on the device is green and has a full signal. So keep checking it. If it does not remain green for most of the time, you need to contact your network provider for this problem.
- Remember, if there are 2 to 4 signal bars of the network or if the signal bar is blue, the network strength is medium. And if there are less than 2 signal bars and it is red, then you are in the low coverage area. If this condition persists for longer durations you need to contact the network provider with the help of service requests. The ‘Service Request’ option is accessible from the profile name. It is present on the right-hand corner of the logged in JioFi page.
- Connect lesser devices, if you want to get the best speed in one device. JioFi has the ability to connect to 10 devices, but this weakens the speed somewhat. If due to some reason you want to get the best speed in a single device, disconnect all other devices to get the blazing high-speed internet.
- Check, if you have exceeded your daily data usage limit. It is very well known that when one exceeds the daily data usage limit on the JioFi device, the speed gets reduced automatically to 128 kbps. You can check the data balance with the help of MyJio App. If you want to get the high speed after that also, you can buy some data packs.
- There are some Apps or websites which has the tendency to have a conflict with the device network speed. For such apps/websites, it is better to delete the cached data from time to time. This will increase the internet speed for them.
- Never keep the default password for long. Keep it protected and complicated so that your internet data is not stolen by an anonymous person.
It may be that network consuming device is at fault. If you have brought a new device and you are experiencing some speed issues with that, try connecting the network to the older device to check if the network is working properly with the older device. If the network is working properly with the older device than it is the new device which is at fault. Contact the customer service for the fault in your new device.
How to update Jiofi Firmware Upgrade
Usually whenever a new Jiofi Firmware Update is available it get upgraded automatically. Still if you want to get the Jiofi Firmware Upgrade, you can simply visit the nearby reliance store and ask them to Upgrade Jiofi Firmware.
Upgrading the JioFi firmware is very beneficial. At one hand it increases the speed and stability of the internet connection, and on the other hand, it makes you available some of the newer features. Actually, the firmware update is meant to resolve the problems faced by the device earlier. It is an attempt to fix those problems. So a firmware upgrade is highly advantageous for the users of the JioFi device.
The process of the Jiofi Firmware upgrade is very simple. But before starting to upgrade the firmware of the device, you need to ensure the following:
- You possess the recent JioFi firmware.
- Your device is set to factory defaults.
- The battery of the device is fully charged.
The process to upgrade is as follows:
- Turn on the JioFi router.
- Connect PC/laptop with the JioFi device network.
- Now reach to the Admin panel for login. The link is http://jiofi.local.html/index.html
- After login, open the ‘Settings’ tab and search for the option of ‘Firmware upgrade’.
- Here you will get the information about the device software version. Check the present version.
- Now, under the field of ‘Software Upgrade’, click on the ‘Browse’. It will then ask you to specify the location where the firmware is placed. Choose the location where you have saved the latest firmware copy and then click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- This will start the process of firmware upgrade. The process is a little time-consuming, so you will have to wait for some time. After the upgrade process is over the router will reboot automatically. You do not need to start the router manually.
- Now you need to reset the JioFi router to the default settings by the process already discussed above.
You are now finished with the upgrading of your firmware, now you can connect the JioFi device with the PC/laptop/mobile. Remember, it is necessary to set the device to factory defaults for the firmware upgrade.
The primary functionality and features of Jiofi are following:
- Jiofi provides excellent 4G speed. It claims a download speed of up to 150 mbps and an upload speed of up to 50 mbps.
- Jiofi provides the feature to connect multiple devices for audio and video call. At a single time a user can connect 5+1 audio and 3+1 though conference calls.
- The 4G features are available on 2G and 3G devices as well by connecting to the Jiofi device.
- Jiofi at the maximum has the ability to connect to a maximum of 32 devices, however it is recommended to connect to a10 devices. Device has the ability to connect to 2G/3G, smartphones, laptop, 4 G smart phones, tablet, smart TV etc.
- Jiofi Video calls can be made through the 2G.3G devices as well by connecting to this and downloading the Jio4Gvoice app.
- Jiofi has a powerful battery 2600mAh which gives it the wonderful portability feature. Battery helps to provide a life of 7-8 hrs of usage time. Thus, one can easily carry it along and use it on the go.
- Another wonderful feature is the price point at which the device is available, this comes at a very affordable price. Now the market price is Rs.999/- only may be in future the price will drop.
Where can you buy reliance Jiofi
Anyone who is interested in buying a Jiofi connection can go to the nearest reliance Jio Digital Store or the mini store of Reliance with a proof of Photograph and Aadhaar Card. Once you fill the form the number will be activated. The person just needs to call 180089011977 reliance customer care for the tele verification. Usually the number gets activated within 4 hrs.
The process is quite simple and can be done easily simply by following the process mentioned at the back of the pack. The device is currently priced at a price of Rs.999/- only with all the reliance jio plans also applicable for Reliance Jiofi.