The Jio offers and packs are attractive. The Jio Happy New Year Offer has lured more than a million users towards Jio.
Apart from great offers like unlimited text and calls to all networks, the main factor that has attracted the young crowd is the Internet offer with the Jio sim card.
Jio Offers unlimited data to all its users. The data is limited to 1 Gb at 4G speed, followed by 128 Kbps speed internet.
The speed of 4G data is great with Jio. Here are a few tricks to get the maximum speed with your Jio 4G sim card. You can increase the speed of Reliance Jio 4G to 80 Mbps with our tricks.
Here are some preliminary steps before you try and get the 80 Mbps speed on your Jio internet speed.
Check The Maximum Jio 4G Speed In Your Area
In some areas, the Jio internet speed is recorded as 740 mbps. Unfortunately, in some areas, the speed of Jio speed is as low as 5 mbps.
Here is the method to check the maximum speed:
- Install Internet Speed Meter Lite App from Google Play
- Change the settings on your phone to connect to the mobile network at Band 40
- Install the JioTV app.
- Launch RIL AGM channel and set the Quality to High
- Check the speed metre at intervals and note down the maximum speed
- This speed will be the best speed in the area. It helps to stream videos
Make sure that you check in off peak hours for internet users. This will help you find out the best speed in your area
Tricks To Increase Reliance Jio 4G Speed
Here is a list of 7 awesome tricks to increase your internet speed
Method 1: Change APN Setting to increase jio 4g speed
Go to Settings > Mobile Network > Access Points
Select the Jio sim slot after this. Click on the menu on the top right corner
Choose a New APN and click save
Hot Topic: How To Use Jio 4G Sim Card In 3G Phone
Setting APN to Increase The speed
- Name – jiohow.com
- APN – joined
- APN Type – Default
- Proxy – Not Set
- Port – Not Set
- Username – Not Set
- Password – Not Set
- Server – www.google.com
- MMSC – Not Set
- MMS proxy – Not Set
- MMS port – Not Set
- MCC – 405
- MNC – 857, 863 or 874
- Authentication type – Not Set
- APN Protocol – IPv4/IPv6
By changing a little on the APN settings, you can enjoy high-speed Jio 4G internet.
If you want to increase the speed without installing any external apps, here are 3 quick changes to make to your device that will help to increase the speed
For Best coverage, choose Band 5 > Band 3 > Band 40
For Best Speed, choose Band 40 > Band 3 > Band 5
Initial Step For 4G devices
• Dial *#*#4636#*#*
• Select Phone information
• Select set preferred network
• Select LTE
Follow These Steps To Increase Jio Net Speed For Qualcomm Processor
• Install Shortcut master (Lite) app on Play Store
• Click on Menu > Search
• Type Service Menu or Engineering mode and click on search
• Open and Change LTE bands
Follow These Steps To Increase Jio 4G Speed For MediaTek Processor
• Install MTK Engineering mode app on Play Store
• Run the app and select MTK Settings
• Select Band Mode
• Select the sim slot where you have your Jio Sim
• Select LTE mode
• Click on Band 40 for Best speed
• If you want best coverage, click on Band 5
Method 2: How To Increase Jio Net Speed.
• In this method, you have to install VPN master app or Snap VPN app from the play store
• Set the country to India. Let the app connect
• Once it connects, the download speed will be at the maximum
• If you are not happy with the speed, change the country on the app.
Method 3: How To Increase Reliance Jio 4G Speed.
• Install Internet Speed Booster & Optimizer app
• Enable your profile to Root user or Non-root user depending on the root option on the device
• In a few seconds, there will be an increase in 4G speed
• The speed will be maximum available in your area
• This app enhances the speed for both Non-root and root Android users
Method 4: How To Increase Jio 4G Speed By Changing APN.
By making a set of changes to the APN settings, there will be a change in the speed.
• Click on Settings > Mobile Networks > APN
• Tap on Jio 4G profile and change only the following:
• Server: www.google.com
• Authentication Type: None
• APN type: Default
• Bearer: LTE
Save the settings. There will be an increase in the 4G speed
Method 5: How To Increase Jio 4G Speed, For Mobile With Root Access.
This method is exclusive to Rooted Android devices. You can unroot your Android device anytime and it does not affect the warranty of the device.
• Download 3G/4G Speed Optimizer Apk in the device
• Choose the network speed as 12/28/7, the maximum Speed option
• Click on Apply Tweak
• Restart your phone to see the difference in speed
Method 6: How To Increase Reliance Jio 4G Download Speed
Clear cache on your Android device to optimize the speed of the internet. Here’s how you clear the cache:
• Go to settings
• Click on storage
• Click on cached data on Internal Storage
• Click on OK to clear the cache
Method 7: How To Increase JioFi Speed
• Open the browser and start a download
• Pause the download, take a note of the speed
• Install F-Secure Freedom app from Play Store
• Connect on the Singapore Server
• When you resume the download, you will notice an increase in the speed
Method 8: How To Increase Reliance Jio 4G Speed After Daily Limit
The daily limit of 1 Gb 4G speed data is the limit set on Jio Happy New Year Offer Plan. Here is a trick to increase the speed once your daily limit is exhausted.
• Install all the 10 apps from the “My Jio” app.
• Switch off the mobile data
• Open the MyJio App
• Switch on the mobile data and click on Get Jio Sim
• The preview offer will be activated
• The 4G speed will be restored